File a Claim
Phone: (866) 277-9871
American Strategic (ASI) / Ark Royal
Phone: (877) 233-3237
Bankers Insurance Company / First Community Insurance
Phone: (800) 627-0000
Citizens Insurance Company
Phone: (866) 411-2742
Cypress Property and Casualty
Phone: (888) 352-9773
Federated National Insurance
Phone: (800) 293-2532
Olympus Insurance Company
Phone: (866) 281-2242
Phone: (800) 776-4737
St. Johns Insurance Company
Phone: (877) 748-2059
Phone: (800) 252-4633
United Property and Casualty (UPC)
Phone: (800) 861-4370
Universal Property and Casualty Ins. Co.
Phone: (800) 218-3206
Homeowners Insurance Tips:
- Insure the structure to its full replacement cost. If you ask any general contractor, it will always cost you more to rebuild an existing structure per square foot than new construction.
- You should always disclose other properties (rental, vacant, vacation homes) to your agent. This will allow him/her to provide and confirm proper coverage.
- Raise your deductible. The higher your deductible, the lower your annual premiums.
- Look for multiple policy discounts.
- Review the limits in your policy and the value of your possessions at least once a year.
- Maintain security system and smoke alarms.
- Prepare a Hurricane Safety Kit in advance. In your kit include items such as:
Nonperishable food, water, manual can opener, cooler and ice-packs, lighter or matches, first aid kit, flashlights, battery operated radio, batteries, cash, waterproof container that contains all important documents, evacuation plans.
- Cover all of your windows, either with hurricane shutters or wood.
- If possible, secure straps or clips to securely fasten your roof to the structure of your home.
- Make sure all trees and shrubs are trimmed and clear rain gutters.
- Reinforce your garage doors.
- Bring in all outdoor furniture, garbage cans, decorations, and anything else that is not tied down.
- Make sure your tank is full far in advance of an approaching storm. Most people wait until the last minute, rush to get extra gas for cars and generators, and subsequently gas stations can run out early.
- Charge your cell phone and limit use after power is out.
- Fill bathtub and large containers with water for washing and flushing only.